Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cluck, Cluck, Cluck

Like everyone else, I'm trying to save money.  I have decided to do more cooking at home in an effort to cut down my household expenses.  No more getting the majority of my meals from take-out or fast-food.   I am being cheap frugal.  So, I got the bright idea of roasting a whole chicken.  I know, seemed like a good idea at the time.  


This is how it all came to be.  Over a year ago I went "Outlet Shopping" in Gulfport, MS to visit the Coach store.  While hitting up the other stores I found a really good deal on a nice roasting pan.  The deal was just too good to pass up.  Or so I thought at the time.  (The Pauper Princess is always looking for a great deal)  Long story short, I've had the roasting pan for over a year and never taken it out of the box.  While shooting the shit at lunch the other day, I mention this.  Sassy S, my pale partner in crime, uses this opportunity to goad me into agreeing to roast a chicken.  I could have laughed it off and gone about my day.  Not I!!! I decide on the spot to do it and remind the whole lab at every opportunity  that I plan to do it that weekend. 


I did roast the chicken and it came out delicious.  Now I'm stuck with a whole chicken.  I went to Recipe Zaar  to find out what other meals I can make with the leftovers.  So far I made chicken salad, chicken pesto sandwiches, and I plan to make chicken pesto pasta.  All of this is going great because there are a ton of leftover chicken recipes.  The problem is..I'M TIRED OF CHICKEN!!!!!   I don't want to see, smell, hear or talk about chicken for at least a couple of months.  But I still have chicken in my fridge to deal with.  


Tags: , , , ,


Powered by Qumana

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Genius, ever thought of picking the meat and freezing it until you can deal with chicken again!? Kidding, love ya like a Sis, Liz.