Tuesday, July 14, 2009

You Dropped a Bomb On Me!


Today I'm doing something a little different. I'm giving a much deserved shout out to my own personal glam squad. Yeah I said it. The Pauper Princess has a glam squad. Now because I'm poor of course my squad is on a budget. Lucky for me I have Pauper Tip #1...."Work your connections!" In my case that means take advantage of the fact that I have a super talented make-up artist cousin. My cousin Colijia is the shit when it comes to hooking up a look. She is a certified make up artist and consultant. And because she can't stand to see her people, ie.. me looking a hot mess she teaches me how to do my make up. She also breaks a sistah off with some really cool and expensive MAC make-up on occasion. I do love the products but lets face it MAC ain't for the broke! So being the diva she is, Colijia will also alert me to lower cost items that work good enough for an amateur like me. She even gave myself and some friends a make up consultation and application class the last time she came to visit. I may be a pauper but no one has better make-up than the Princess when I use the skills and products she recommends. So now I'm just as proud as can be to let you all know that she and a fellow make up artist, Starlynn, have started their own company. The name of the company is Bombshell Beauty.They are really talented and because we know there is a recession they are affordable. So to get things rolling for folks not near them they have set up a couple of tutorials on youtube. Yes I am shamelessly plugging them, but they are worth it. So checkout the video I've tried to embed. I really hope it works. If not someone with blogger know how needs to tell me how to embed a youtube video. Also subscribe to them on youtube because they are going to be posting a lot more tutorials.

1 comment:

Shanster said...

That is so cool! I had to learn any make-up techniques from Seventeen magazine back when I was a kid. I'll have to begin watching the tutorials and look smokin' hot! Watch out Furry Husband!