Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Black Cherry Mojitos

I got a text from a friend today. He used to be a bartender here in town, then he moved and now he's back for Christmas.  It brought back swift and pleasant memories.  *sighing in remembrance*  The times/drinks I had!!!  He makes the best black cherry mojito around. And I should know.  I have sampled mojitos all over town and his were definitely the best.  I haven't had a good one since he left!  Anywho this got me to thinkin' I haven't yet let slip any of my tips on my "Pauper Princess" lifestyle.   So here goes:
  1.  Throw yourself a free birthday party.  See my previous post about the Pajama Pub Crawl.  I spent nothing all night.  When I say my drinks were free I'm talking Patron baby.  Bartenders were only too happy to pour loose 'cause I was rolling 50 deep!!!
  2. Make friends with bartenders.  Young and old, male and female.  You have to be a bit of a Chatty Cathy, but this comes naturally to me. For the guys you are the cute girl they love to see come through the door.  For the women you are the one they make eye-contact with to roll their eyes when some troll is hitting on them. 
Seriously, I have had nights where myself and friends will drink most of the night and at the end of the night my "friendly neighborhood bartender" charges us $5 total.  I love it.  Now when you get such a good hook-up on alcohol you  gotta leave a good tip.  And it is critical to have more than one fnb.  Don't be afraid to travel outside of your actual neighborhood.  You never know when your fnb is gonna up an move taking his delicious black cherry mojito making skills with him. 
I was only gonna spill one tip, but since it's Christmas time I gave ya two.  I'm heading home to CA today.  Hopefully I'll be able to keep up my blog while I'm there.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, where did all the blogging go Foxxy!?