Monday, April 20, 2009

Hair Issues

I'm kicking around the option of getting a drastic haircut.  I'm talking chopping off the huge puff ball of hair and going with a teeny weeny afro.  I've done it before.  I think my hair is not that healthy right now so why not chop most of it off and start over?  I don't want to go as extreme as I did the first time I went  for the big chop.  My mom still has nightmares about that one. She sent me to college  with below shoulder length straight hair and I came back first semester with 2 inches of afro and nothing else. Ahh good times, good times. Now if I so much as mention getting a trim she gets a little heart murmur and breaks out in a cold sweat.  Occasionally I bring up a hair cut when I want to throw her off the scent of something else. What? You say a man answered the phone when you called me at 6am? Did I mention I was thinking of getting a haircut.  How do you feel about the Grace Jones or Sinead O'Connor look?  Works everytime.  I think this time I might wait till  the healthy hair is longer than 2 inches before I chop. If I wait though I do run the risk of having ridiculous split  ends that go on forever.  I've had big hair for so long I'm not completely sure I can function again with a minimal amount of hair.  Short hair is definitely easier to take care of.  Pretty much wash and go. Decisions decisions!


1 comment:

Shanster said...

The good thing about hair is it always grows back! I am undecided right now myself... do I grow it out or get it cut again???

I cut my LONG hair once, had the hairdresser save it for me, I put it in a gift box, wore a hat and gave it to my Mom as a joke. Once she opened the box, I took my hat off...

That was a good one! AWESOME tactic for getting your Mom off your trail!!! LOVE IT!