Thursday, April 30, 2009

Time to Recharge

I'm excited about taking a long weekend starting tomorrow. I have been going through school stress for the past month. I called my cousin in Jacksonville, FL and asked if I could visit this weekend. Luckily they will be home this weekend. Sometimes nothing can ease your mind and relax/recharge you like family. It is worth it to me to make the 9hr drive just to spend some time with family members that aren't stressing me. So to make sure The White Knight was road ready I had to get a long overdue oil change. Since my truck is always messy and dirty it takes some pre-planning. The place that does the best job is close to my apartment and gives you a free carwash and vaccum. Sounds great except I always have to clean out the inside of my car first. Well I didn't feel like doing that so I went to one of those 5 min quick oil change places. Lucky me the guy who handles my car is a young K-Fed wanna be. He has blond hair braided into corn-rows and very bright blue eyes. When he talks to me he calls me "Sistah". It doesn't even offend me because I truly believe that is who he is right now. That doesn't mean that I don't find it extremely funny. I changed my mind, he is not a K-Fed wanna be. He's Gin Rummy from the Boondocks cartoon.(sidenote... I love that cartoon and hope they hurry up and release season 3). I'm taking a bottle of Firefly Lemon Tea Vodka with me. I have been hooked on the Sweet Tea Vodka for awhile, but I think the lemon is better.

3 comments:

Shanster said...

I hope you had a good relaxing weekend full o' Sweet Tea Vodka!!

Foxxy said...

Oh I definitely made the most out of it. My cousin's wife is preggers so of course I shared the lemonade with her before I spiked mine with Vodka.

Shanster said...

One more reason not to have children... no drinking. Your poor cousin's wife!