Saturday, March 7, 2009

Baking Cupcakes

I forgot to post yesterday.  Oops.  This morning I'm up bright and early because I'm making cupcakes.  It's my friend Alyson's birthday.  I decided to be a little adventurous.  At least adventurous for me. I'm going to puree some fresh strawberries and add them to the cupcake batter.  Then I'm thinking about adding some to the cream cheese frosting. I'm still debating because I don't want the cupcakes to have too much strawberry.  But maybe a disgusting amount of strawberry is what will make them pop.  If this works out I'll post the recipe.  It was all pretty cheap too.  I got the cake mix for 50 cents and the cream cheese and strawberries each less than a dollar from Family Dollar.  I already had the other ingredients at my house.  I love this and other stores like it.  I stock my pantry with the things I buy in there for sooo cheap.  So this is my newest tip.  "Stock your pantry at dollar stores and discount stores."  They are all over the country.  These stores sell more than just the cheap trinkets we all remember from when we were little.  You can buy brand name things there.  Sadly they don't sell alcohol, so I'm still paying full price for my liquor.  On a bright note Tizzy is 3 for $10 and when it's on sale 4 for $10.  You can't beat that.


Tags: , ,   


Powered by Qumana


No comments: