Monday, March 23, 2009

Texting

I have this man-friend (make of that what you will), that insists on sending a million texts a day.  I personally think it makes more sense to just have a conversation. Hell for all the time he spends texting he could drive over and have a face to face conversation.  I don't get it.  Sometimes (read: when I'm tipsy) a good text/flirting session is beneficial, but not everyday.  I think it has become a disturbing trend among the males of today.  I once had a guy try to wimp out and ask without asking for a date through a text message.  I don't play that shit.  So I texted back sure I would meet him at happy hour.  Then I promptly invited some other friends.  When he was surprised to see other people show up I made sure to mention that I didn't think he would mind me inviting others sense it wasn't a date or anything formal.  I mean he did ask me via text, right?  He got the hint.  It seems like my current friend might need a push as well.  Maybe he's one of those people that uses a cell as his only phone and he has more text messages in his plan than minutes.  I don't know.  I do know I'm tired of fast furious texting.  I love texting in general, but enough is enough.  There is a time and a place for texting.  For instance, during Tuesday seminars at school.  There is no better time to text and catch up on my twitter account and return emails.  If I didn't do this I would probably end up in a catatonic state.  And a couple of my fellow grad students that I text during this time might follow me down that path.  They might not comment on this, but they know who they are.  Without a well-timed and totally inappropriate text from me during seminar hours none of us would make it.   Arginase II will make hair grow on your chest!  Need I say more?


No comments: