Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Situational Ebonics

Why is it that some not all caucasian people feel the need to change their speech when speaking to me?  I'm not naming names but it really irks me.  I know they don't mean to be offensive, but really.  You just met me and your greeting is "Hey Girl".  What kind of fuckery is this? Because I'm black I'm supposed to appreciate you speaking to me in my language?  I don't use girl or girlfriend in my everyday speech.  What really gets me steamed is that they think this is supposed to show me how cool and pro-black they are.  It would be different if this was how they spoke all the time to everyone, but that isn't the case.  The truly enlightened are who they are no matter who they are around. 


Tags: ,



Powered by Qumana


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very sorry. AW

Foxxy said...

Trust me. You are not on this list.