Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Case of the Missing Pooh!


Over the weekend I promised my friend De a bag of Mr. Bunny pooh. Before you get the wrong idea it is for her compost heap. Mr. Bunny has been doing his best to reduce his and my carbon footprint by providing excrement to friends who have compost heaps and need a good source of nitrogen. The two people who receive the majority of his gifts are my friend De and my neighbor Theresa. Well I hung out with De on Saturday and promised to leave a bag of pooh on my doorstep Sunday that she could pick up after church. Before I left for a day of KOCC debauchery I put the bag on my front porch. I did notice some yellow garbage bags out there as well. They were for the AmVets charity collection. I made sure my paper bag containing a double wrapped plastic bag was well away from those. When I returned home late that night all the bags were gone and I didn't think anything of it. Listening to my voicemails Monday morning I learned different. De came by and there was no bag. Hmmm that's odd. The only person I would imagine taking it is Theresa but I usually just hand her a bag not sit it on my porch. I have been waiting to ask her about it. Last night I got my chance. Turns out she left to go out of town right after she put the AmVet bags on the porch. As near as I can tell the AmVets people will get an unpleasant surprise when they open one of the bags they took. Ahhh, if I could just be a fly on the wall for that unveiling!

1 comment:

Shanster said...

Those poor war veterans.... getting donated bags o' poo. HA, HA, HA, HA!