Friday, June 12, 2009

Live Long and Prosper


I was finally able to see Star Trek last night. I loved it. I have been a Trekie for years, so I am already predisposed to enjoying the latest movie. It was fantastic. I thought it had just the right amount of camp to tie it into the original tv series and it was glitzed up a bit to make it modern. I have to confess that I was worried this movie would be a little like Star Trek the Next Generation. I liked that show, but I thought it was way too slick of an interpretation. It was very distanced from the original. The actors were outstanding and the show was well done, but it didn't really fit with the original show. People love the original series because it was campy and the acting wasn't always the best. This movie provided a good mix of campy and serious. I also have to mention that I have a new crush. The guy that played Spock, Zachary Quinto, hot hot hot. He and O'Hura were steaming up the bridge. Loved it! I will definitely add this to my collection when it becomes available. Happy Friday.

2 comments:

Shanster said...

I can't wait to see this one!! It won't be this week tho... dammit! I'll have to be patient and wait... not my forte!

Foxxy said...

You won't be disappointed. It was really good.