Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Way Down in the Jungle Deep....

Points to anyone who knows off the top of their head where I got the heading to my post. Last night was a pretty relaxed night for me. I went to Target to get the things I need for my bootcamp. I'm getting nervous as the time to start gets closer. The trainer, Jonas, specified exercise mats not yoga mats. What's the difference you might ask? Ten to fifteen dollars that's what. I spent about 20 minutes molesting exercise and yoga mats in the store to determine the difference between the two. There is a big enough difference in price that I need to be sure it's worth it. I finally bit the bullet and picked out one of the "exercise" mats. Of course I chose the one that was only $10 more expensive than the yoga mat. I also needed dumbbells. He sent an email requesting that we bring 5-8 lb weights. I want 2-3 lb weights. I was gonna just say f' it and get the 2lb weights then pride stopped me. I don't want to be the only one with pink 2lb weights when everyone else is using five.
Later that night I met up with my friend Melanie. She is on my kickball team and she is an archaeologist. I love that the closest most people get to an archaeologist is watching Indiana Jones, but I know several and they are all women. Look out now! Anyway we decided to drink cheap but delicious box wine and watch......ready for it ....Dolemite!!! Yes, we watched the epic blaxpoitation flick. Rudy Ray Moore at his peak. I'm sure I just set black folks back a couple of generations but I do love these movies. They are vulgar, the acting is usually bad, and they are totally not politically correct. I don't care.

1 comment:

Shanster said...

I'm scared for you and your boot camp! I had a friend that went thru one of those and lost major inches...

I think movies are a form of art and isn't all art subjective? Ya like what ya like!