Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Naked Boo, I See You.. But I Don't Want To


Here is a bit of craziness that I've been stewing over since Friday. A friend or actually an acquaintance recently had hip surgery. Thankfully, everything turned out well and she is recovering rapidly. Well, myself and a couple others decided to stop by and visit her while she is home-bound for recovery. She was contacted and we set a date and time for us to visit. We brought drinks and snacks just to chit chat and keep her company for a few hours. She was really excited about the scheduled visit. I know this because coordinating this venture required dozens of emails back and forth between all of us. So Friday after school/work we all head over there at the appointed time. She is very gracious and happy to see us, but I get steamed as soon as I walk through the door. Wanna know why? I'll tell you! This woman is wearing a threadbare housecoat with nothing on underneath it. Totally, nasty, naked boo. Wouldn't have been so bad if the housecoat covered her adequately, but it didn't. There was a deep V in the front that gave you a generous view of her bra-less sagging breasts,(I mean these bad boys gave up the fight against gravity years ago), wide arm holes that showed off skin rolls down her side. And to top it off the housecoat had holes in different parts of it. So there was a whole lot of pink skin just showing through. I personally believe everyone should love their body no matter what it looks like. We all have imperfections, but and this is a very strong but. I don't want to see your nakedness just cause. I keep my shit covered up and you should too. I mean we ain't (yes this calls for bad grammar, that's how steamed I am) kin. What upsets me is that she knew we were coming. She set the date and time. We didn't just surprise her while she was minding her own business. I was offended. She could have at least put a slip or something on under the housecoat. The surgery was on her hip last I checked bra's don't touch the hip. WTF? I was getting hot, hot, hot. What to do? I couldn't just go off on her in her own home. People can dress the way they want in their own home. That's when it hit me. I have an apartment of my own where I am not looking at unwanted nakedness. So I immediately stood up, gathered my shit and went home. She may wonder why I left so soon. I wish she would ask me because I'm dying to tell her. You just don't do shit like that. I have recounted this story to The Minister and my friend De. Both of them chose to laugh at my outrage. Maybe I was a little too worked up, but god dawg don't people have "home training" anymore? She should know better. Moral of the story. If you are ever sick and recovering it would be my pleasure to come visit you and keep you company. That's what friends are for. Don't get too comfortable. If we were comfortable enough for skin privileges you would know. Chances are we aren't. Ahhhh.. I feel much better now that I got that out there.

3 comments:

ABL Hip-Hop said...

Thats some funny stuff right there! I guess if you two were closer you could have pulled her to the side and told her she was a little inappropriate. Also consider that she might just have been a little besides herself with all the dope she probably was taking to recover. All in all, it seems common sense would have said to get dressed. Classic indeed.

Madame K said...

I clicked over to your blog because you commented on mine. And darlin’ I SO wanted to be on your side, but I just can’t do it.

All I think of is your poor friend and how horrible she must have felt if she couldn’t even get it together enough to dress herself when she knew she had company coming. She really must have been in bad shape if not physically, perhaps emotionally. The thought of someone judging her for having fat rolls and sagging tits just makes me……sad.

You said she was gracious and seemed happy to see you. I think a bit of compassion is in order.

Foxxy said...

@Oronde, thanks for stopping by. Yeah this little incident is funny in hindsight, but I was not amused the day of.

@MadameK, thanks for stopping by. I read your blog and I like it. It is unfortunate that you took this post to be cruel and judgmental. That was not the intent. I can assure you I don't judge her for having a less than perfect body. Expensive Victoria's Secret bra's keep my girls from heading too far south,so that isn't the case at all. I would have been just as outraged if she had a Halle Berry body. I stand by my gut reaction that she could and should have covered up. Hope this doesn't put you off my blog.

Happy Hump Day Everybody