Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Drama Rama

I have been without internet access the last couple of days. I just recently replaced my modem, and when I say recently I mean like last week! Well after all that my internet goes out again. I start moving my cords around and troubleshooting to see what the problem could be and low and behold the problem is Mr. Bunny. Somehow he snuck into the back room where I keep my modem and router. I usually keep this door closed for a couple of reasons, the first of which is that I never clean it! The other is because my desk in there has a lot of cords connected. I keep my printer and all the routers and modems for my internet access in there. Mr Bunny is a notorious cord chewer so I keep him out of there. Apparently I didn't do a good job cause he has managed to chew one of the Ethernet cords to my new modem. Seriously this little bunny has cost me so much in replaced cords over the years that I could buy ten bunnies. He knows better than to go into my backroom.
On a not so new note The Minister has taken up residence on "Crack Island". Our conversation started out so innocently. I complained about getting wet in the rain on my way to my car after church. She says something like you're not sugar you won't melt. I reply that I happen to be very sweet (occasionally). Here's where the conversation is hijacked. She informs me that she doesn't know that because she doesn't have a son-in-law or grandchild from me to tell her this! Crazy.. of course I fire back with Mr. Bunny and she points out that he can't call her and tell her so his testimony is null and void! The conversation went completely off track from there with me ending up threatening to bring her an illegitimate grandchild within the year. ( As a minister she is very much about the marriage then baby carriage) Apparently she is getting desperate because she doesn't miss a beat when she says "Bring 'em!!" It's not like she really needs another grandchild. Between my two brothers she has five grandchildren. Regardless, I am so not going out to get knocked up anytime soon. I can barely afford to keep me and Mr. Bunny in entrees what would I do with a kid? Ridiculous.

1 comment:

Shanster said...

Oh poor Foxxy! At least my family gave up on me having children and I don't have to hear anything like that anymore!

Oh - my house bunnies were cord chewers and I went to a hardware store and got some thick plastic tubing - put all the cords thru it and then if they took a nip, there was no damage done! Course, it is time consuming... you can slice the tube on one side to open it up and wrap it around the cords and it will close up around them.

I'm glad you are back online tho! Good post!