Friday, May 15, 2009

Nothing Special Going On

I meant to post last night but I had internet connection issues. Randomly my wireless internet stopped working late wednesday night/early thursday morning. When I made it into the lab yesterday morning I called Bellsouth to find out what the deal is. I was told there was network outage that should be fixed by noon. Well when I made it home around six the internet was still out. After much complaining and arguing with the phone company it was decided that the problem was not with the network, but with my modem. Luckily I had a back-up modem to use. The only problem is that once I exchanged modems, none of my internet setting worked. I couldn't get on the internet through the ethernet chord and I couldn't connect the modem to my wireless router. Long story short I spent most of last night drinking Tizzy and figuring out how to re-do all of my internet setting for the wireless router and dsl modem. So not fun!!! Now I can connect to the internet wirelessly, but I can't get my Mail account to receive or send mail. I can still get the emails on my iphone, so I'm not too stressed. Sometime this weekend I'll have to figure it out. If all else fails I'll have to call my friend's husband and see if he can help me.
I don't really have any big plans for this weekend aside from "Newbie Haze" on saturday. It is a very juvenile tradition on the Hangovers. We are taking the team newbies to our team bar and drinking and socializing with them all night. It wouldn't be so bad, but they don't get a chance to recover the next day because that is the day of the league social. Should be fun, but I'm way to old to stay out randomly drinking all night. I think I'll put in an appearance for a couple of hours then head home to my comfortable bed.

1 comment:

Shanster said...

Internet/computer trouble is the worst... time consuming and frustrating and I never really know what in the hell is going on with anything!

Have fun with your Hangover newbies - don't hurt 'em too bad!