Friday, May 29, 2009

Book Club Recap

Last night I met up with the ladies from my book club to discuss Kindred. Our meeting was good. Just the right amount of "critical thinking" and bull shit! We sit around drink wine and eat as we discuss each book. I took a bottle of Tizzy to the meeting and it was enjoyed by all. I really love my cheap wine! I really enjoy my book club because we have a good mix of women. I've been in other groups that were nice, but I definitely think this mix of women is one of the best.
I have been trying to figure out how I'm going to incorporate books into my blog. I've decided that I'll definitely start listing my current book club selections as well as my own reviews. I should try to find one of those "what I'm reading now" widgets also. This might take me a while because I'm not very tech savvy. Ever wonder why all my pictures are in the same spot with no real formatting? 'Cause that's the only way I know how to do it baby!
The next bookclub selection is One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I have been forewarned that this is a dense book to get through. I'm reserving judgement.

1 comment:

Shanster said...

I looked for Kindred in our stupid tiny library and they don't have it! It is so lame. My friend from Denver gets ALL SORTS of really cool music, videos and books from the Denver library. We get SQUAT from the Ft. Fun library... sorta pisses me off.

Keep me posted, I'll try and keep up with your books!