Monday, May 25, 2009

Doing it Big Weekend

My baby brother and his friend from undergrad flew into town this weekend. I mentioned previously that this was gonna be his "do it big!" weekend. Well we did it big. As I type this I have the remains of a hangover that started on Saturday morning before my brother even made it into town. Friday night I hung out with the Lakeview Critic and Ms. Bonnie. I stayed out later than I intended and had to finish up last minute preparations for my weekend guests. So Saturday morning was spent with a headache and queasy stomach.
Fast forward to 3:30pm on Saturday when I pick Baby Brother up at the airport. When he gets into the car I can smell the alcohol already. Apparently he had a very pleasant flight that included large amounts of alcohol. He makes me stop at a dauquiri shop on the way to my house. Now I could have just gotten him one and not myself, but noone wants to drink alone right? So we have the dauquiris and get him settled in. Then Kiff's (brother's friend) plane gets in so we head back to the airport. The two of them spend the next couple of hours talking over each other and drinking the delicious Firefly Rasberry Vodka and lemonade drinks I made. At this point I'm already feeling like I am down for the count and it is only 8:30pm. They walk around to the bar up the street and meet up with some of my brother's friends that he worked with when he lived in New Orleans. I wisely use this time to take a nap. The rest of that day is a little fuzzy but I know Alyson came to be our sober driver and took us to one of our favorite hangouts to meet up and have a drink (like we needed anymore) with friends. Not sure how the night went cause I woke up at home in my own bed on Sunday at 4 am. My brother tells me he carried me in.
We spent most of Sunday playing kickball and once again Baby Brother and Kiff drink like sharks!! An amusing sidenote is that Kiff likes to refer to himself in the third person when he drinks. He has spent the whole weekend drinking so he has spent the whole weekend in third person. For example when he was ready to stop drinking on Sunday he informed me by saying "The Kiff can't feel his face!" Ahh good times, good times. Today I am feeling every one of my 31 years. When I left them this morning at 8 am they were mixing up bloodymarys.

3 comments:

Shanster said...

Oh that is hilarious... Kiff talking 'bout himself in third person. And no, you most certainly could NOT let your baby brother have a daquiri all by himself... that woulda been downright rude!

Good thing he can carry you home... I'd have to be left for dead. heh, heh.

Anonymous said...

ah to be young and unafraid of hangovers once again!!!-Lakeview Critic

Foxxy said...

Shanster---yeah.. I'm definitely too old to "do it big" more than once or twice in a year. The Kiff was quite amusing.
Critic--You are younger than me. You probably woke up on Saturday feeling no pain. I didn't and we didn't drink that much. I'm losing my tolerance. The energy for those things are now diverted to keeping my boobs from sagging and my eyes from wrinkling!